Spotlight Events is a boutique wedding and event planning company with a heart for unique style and creative design. We are now hiring Event Day Assistants for the busy 2017 season. This is a great opportunity for individuals looking to get hands-on experience within the wedding and event industry. We are looking for professional, passionate, hard-working and detail-oriented people to fulfill this exciting role.
Event Day Assistants are hired on seasonal contracts and operate as independent subcontractors. You must be available on weekends, and be willing to work long hours and late nights. Current event dates are scheduled between January to October 2017. Some events may require travel (with expenses paid). Access to reliable transportation is needed on event days.
- Completion of a post-secondary event management program considered an asset.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment while maintaining a calm, friendly demeanour.
- Ability to take initiative and problem-solve with little supervision.
- Creative eye and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A "can do" attitude no matter what task is thrown your way.
Pay is $12-15 per hour depending on experience.
If this sounds like you, please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a brief statement about why you'd like this opportunity, as well as a bit about yourself (your passions, hobbies, interests, anything!). Deadline for applications is March 1, 2017. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you so much for your interest and for taking the time to apply!